One of my sessions at MediaCampAthens last weekend was called “Half Baked”. Inspired by the founder himself – Amit Gupta along with Dave McClure, Paul Rademacher, and James Levine I wanted to bring this unique ice-braker/team building activity to this barcamp as well.
Here is how this interactive session rolled out:
- The audience shouted out 25-30 random words, in Greek, English and Greeklish which we put up on the big screen.
- Campers split up into teams of five, and each team picked two words which in the end was to become their company/business name.
- The teams had 15-20 minutes to implement a business (name, logo, product, revenue model, marketing plan, platform of delivery and a tagline)
- Afterwards each team had five minutes to pitch the business idea to Crystal & Vassili. The audience also took part in asking questions and provided advice.
- After all pitches, the judges picked a winner.
About 30 people partook in the session and I know many more wanted to be there yet the session did take place rather late int he day., and had to go about a half hour over because more people than I’d expected wanted to play.
Check some of the creative business ideas that popped up through this fun sessions here.
I have to say that – everyone had smiles on their faces and loved the challenge of working with “strangers” and blending their experiences and idea from various backgrounds.
My personal advice – make sure “Half Baked” takes place earlier in the day at the camp – before lunch break is a good time in my opinion.
Thanks for making Half Baked an awesome event!